cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: using other taglibrary in own taglibrary
Date Tue, 23 May 2000 18:56:37 GMT
Roman Kunert <roman@hsh-berlin.com> wrote:
>I tried to extend the example taglibrary from the cocoon samples like this:
>
><xsl:template match="example:test">
>	<sql:execute-query>
>		<sql:driver>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</sql:driver>
>		<sql:dburl>jdbc:mysql://localhost/example</sql:dburl>
>	</sql:execute-query>
></xsl:template>

>calling <example:test> doesn't evaluate the
><sql:execute-query>...</sql:execute-query> branch, it simply copies the
>nodes.
>
>What do I have to do to make this work? Thanks for your help!

For future reference - you are probably declaring the xmlns namespaces in
the wrong order. Logicsheets are applied in the order they are declared.
Thus you must declare yours first and then the sql taglib afterwards. Nearly
everything in XSP is actually done by logicsheets, you see - the sql
elements are converted into Java code by another logicsheet. Quite a few
people don't get this!

See also Donald's earlier message.