cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: Mystery NullPointerException with standalone usage.
Date Mon, 22 May 2000 20:34:46 GMT
On Mon, May 22, 2000 at 04:14:36PM -0400, Paul Derbyshire wrote:
> At 08:29 PM 5/22/00 +0100, you wrote:
> >   ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/win32/i386/patch.zip
>
> By the way, I hate to tell you this, but that URL gives me a big fat 404.

So it does. I can't actually see a patch.zip anywhere in the
cygwin ftp repository, only a patch.tar.gz.

As for applying a patch, in unix (which is where I do all my
'real work') it's a case of changing to the root of the target
directory and doing:

bash$ patch [-p1] < patchfile.patch

'-p1' means skip the first level of path information inside
the patch. Depending on how the patch was generated, you may
or may not need it.

At the end of the day, when you apply patches posted to the
list, you're playing with fire. If you're not 110% confident
of what you're doing, it may be better to wait until they
hit a release.

Luminas Ltd.