cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Brett Palmer" <plum...@hotmail.com>
Subject Order of XSP elements in generated Producers?
Date Wed, 17 May 2000 13:02:25 GMT
This is really a clarification question on how XSP generates Cocoon
Producers.

I was trying to get the same XML page processed by different stylesheets
depending a request time parameter.  I got several errors when I tried to
put a processing instruction near the top of the XML document.  The error
referred to the "request" object not being defined yet.  When I moved the
processing instruction towards the end of the XML page the error went away.

I reviewed the generated java file and noticed that in order to use the
"request" object my code needed to be in the "populateDocument" method of
the producer.

This is probably a basic question, but where do XSP elements need to be
located in the XML page to be put into the "populateDocument" method?

Thanks for your help.

Brett