cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: "Publishing Engine could not be initialized."
Date Sun, 14 May 2000 10:27:43 GMT
"David Johnson" <djj9@cornell.edu> wrote:
>Publishing Engine could not be initialized.
>java.lang.NullPointerException

The installation instructions for 1.7.3 on Tomcat are wrong. You have to set
the location of cocoon.properties in your web.xml to be relative to the
context root. I suggest you copy cocoon.properties to WEB-INF and then
specify its location in the web.xml file as /WEB-INF/cocoon.properties

As I've said the same thing over and over again this week, you can find more
detailed examples in the mailing list archives.