cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Newbie in trouble
Date Tue, 09 May 2000 21:02:42 GMT

Steven Maring <Steven.Maring@trcinc.com> wrote:
>I can do http://localhost/Cocoon.xml  if I do what you said and stick
>cocoon.properties in the WEB-INF directory of the ROOT context.
>
>I guess my question is, do you have to maintain a seperate
>cocoon.properties
>in the WEB-INF directory of EVERY context that you want to work with
>Cocoon?

Currently, with Servlet 2.2 runners such as Tomcat, yes, AFAIK.

On the positive side, the advantage is you can have different configurations
in each context, and the paths are relative so you don't have to keep
changing your web.xml if you move between machines or if you rearrange your
filesystem (a user requested this feature so it was done).

Maybe there should be a choice between file-based (old system) or
resource-based (new system).