cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Matt Jones <iggyflashb...@yahoo.com>
Subject xsp NoSuchMethodError on org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementImpl.normalize
Date Mon, 08 May 2000 02:17:49 GMT
Hi, I'm having difficulty getting the samples xsp
pages to work.

I'm using cocoon 1.72, jakarta, and apache. I can get
all of the other samples to work (such as
samples/hello/hello-page.xml), but the xsp files give
the following exception:
______________________

Cocoon 1.7.2

                                               Error
found handling the request.

      java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
              at
org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementImpl.normalize(ElementImpl.java:290)
              at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.process(XSPJavaPreprocessor.java:116)
              at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.process(XSPJavaPreprocessor.java:123)
              at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.preprocess(XSPJavaPreprocessor.java:81)

              at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPLogicsheet.apply(XSPLogicsheet.java:99)
              at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(XSPProcessor.java:371)
              at
org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java:295)
              at
org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.service(Cocoon.java:145)
              at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:865)
              at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:390)
              at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:523)
              at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:147)
              at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:334)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I tried commenting out the normalize() call on line
290 of org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementImpl and
recompiling, then I get a 500 Server error from
apache, and nothing shows up in the logs.

I hope this is a simple inconsistency between xerces
and cocoon. I apologize if I'm doing something
obviously wrong.

Thanks very much in advance for your help!

-Matt Jones