cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Igor Romanov <...@nizhny.ru>
Subject Re[4]: Cache problem
Date Sat, 20 May 2000 11:32:33 GMT
Hi, Donald!

>> One more time:
>> I have foo.java
>> I compile it to foo.class
>> I use <xsp:include>foo</xsp:include>
>> When I change foo.java and recompile it
>> Cocoon do not recompile the XSP file 8(
>> Nothing helps - I've done all the stuff You told me.

DB> Ah, you have an external class is being included by an XSP page. Robin's
DB> suggestions were helping you deal with changing the XSP page and not
DB> having it be recompiled. To solve your problem - you probably want the
DB> foo.class to be loaded by your servlet engine's classloader, which
DB> generally gives you the option to automatically reload newer classes,
DB> rather than the system classloader. The details of doing so are beyond the
DB> scope of this mailing list, though, as they're servlet engine specific. It
DB> might not even work, but it's worth a shot.

DB> - donald

Thanks a lot for Your help!
Unfortunately, my situation now is much clear but not much better 8)
I use JServ and to force it to reload classes I need to exclude path
to my classes from system classpath... Bad things is that when I do so
Cocoon become unable to compile XSPs cos' can't find my classes 8(
damn...

If somebody know the solution - please let me know.
---
RiO.