cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jason Evans <jev...@outweb.com>
Subject Disabling output escaping
Date Fri, 26 May 2000 12:41:15 GMT
Hello,

As almost everyone here, I have some XML documents that I am using
Cocoon to transform into HTML.
My problem is this:  in my XML files I have HTML which is *not*
well-formed XML inside of CDATA
sections.  I would like to be able to take these HTML CDATA sections and
copy them directly,
unchanged, into the output HTML document.  But Cocoon formats this,
escaping some characters,
for example <html><body> becomes &lt;html&gt;&lt;body&gt;.

This is not what I want.  Cocoon does exactly what I want, but only if I
enclose the section where
I copy these CDATA sections in either <script> or <style> tags in the
XSL, and use <xsl:output method="html" />.
But of course, anything inside <script> or <style> tags does not get
displayed by HTML browsers.

I've also thought that maybe I could use a different XSLT engine, and I
tried James Clark's XT, but I still have
the same problem, I think maybe because Cocoon's "formatter" alters the
output of the XSLT engine?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Jason Evans