cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Pawel Pesz" <webmas...@insert.net.pl>
Subject Re: big5 encoding
Date Thu, 11 May 2000 08:15:23 GMT
"Ron Chan" <rchan@i-tao.com> wrote:
> if I wanted cocoon to output the following

> what do I need to do?
>
> i've tried
>
> <xsl:processing-instruction name="cocoon-format">type="text/html";
charset="big5"</xsl:processing-instruction>

In addition to properly setting your content type (as
suggested by Paul Russel) do the following:

* download Cocoon 1.7.3 and look at the "Full configurable
formatters" section in "cocoon.properties",

* set the encoding in your XML:

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Big5"?>

Version 1.7.3 (when combined with Xerces, i.e. in its
original configuration) should enable you to use any of
the Java encodings. On the other hand I've never tried
to output anything in Chinese, so your mileage may vary.

--
Pawel Pesz
InsERT.net, Wroclaw, Poland