cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Paolo Audisio" <...@ciaoweb.it>
Subject Re: Servlet Error: org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon not found :(
Date Thu, 18 May 2000 23:27:07 GMT

> > When I try to get http://localhost/Cocoon.xml
> > the result is a 404 Netscape error, with this line:
> >
> > The requested URL /servlets/org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
> > was not found on this server.
> >
> > The error log says:
> > (ERROR) ajp12: Servlet Error: ClassNotFoundException:
> > org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon

> Can you copy and paste and email with your tomcat.conf file?
> Mike

Hi Mike,
I have not Tomcat installed, I thought it was not necessary...
I try to download it now.

> Make sure your cocoon.jar file is in classpath..
> And your web server docroot should have all the files which you are
> requesting...
> Nishit

Hi Nishit,
It seems to me that it's in the classpath...
But I'm not sure if I have to leave this:
/pathToCocoon/cocoon.jar or the same
directory where I unpacked cocoon.jar:
/pathToCocoon as some FAQs suggested.

Thank you