cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ricardo Rocha <rica...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <response:send-redirect> problem
Date Sat, 13 May 2000 16:40:43 GMT
> I found the mistake, I'm not sure if it is a feature, a bug or a
> mis-feature.
>
> The thing is that my XSP page was minimal, meaning it had only the
> absolutely required things like <?xml> and <xsp:page> declarations. I had
> no tags at all in the body, not even a root tag like <page> - because I
> didn't want to have any page, just a silent redirect. If I add a root
> element, then this exception doesn't occur.

An XSP page _must_ contain one and only user-supplied subelement
that becomes the documentElement of the generated document. In
absence of such "user root" element the generated Java class will be
invalid.

I wouldn't say this is a misfeature: it reflects the DOM standard that
requires a document to have one and only one document element...