cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ricardo Rocha <rica...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <util:include> still not working
Date Thu, 11 May 2000 10:15:58 GMT
On Thu, 11 May 2000, Ulrich Mayring wrote:
> <util:include-file name="foo.xml"/> generates erroneous source code,
> there is a closing bracket missing and thus it doesn't compile.

Oops! Fixed.

> <util:include-uri href="foo.xml"/> just generates {foo.xml}, but doesn't
> include anything.

I added the exception message to the generated debug info. This should
help you locate the problem...

IMPORTANT:
    A typical mistake with <util:include-uri> is including Cocon-generated
    URI's formatted as "text/html". These include a <!DOCTYPE> header that
    the XML parser will reject, resulting in the infamous "{foo.xml}" message
    being generated.

    If you want to include a Cocoon URI (as a "subrequest" of sorts), make
    sure it's formatted as XML (<?cocoon-format type="text/xml"?>) so that
    it doesn't include the leading Html <!DOCTYPE> declaration and can,
    therefore, be processed by the xspParser.

> is there any documentation?

Not yet. I know, I know, we badly need it. It's high in my priority list, once
I'm done with the initial implementation of XSP for Cocoon2...

> Or can I learn something about the util taglib by looking at the code?
> Where is it?

org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/java/util.xsl

Thanks for this catch Ulrich. Changes have been commited [and proper
credits given :-)]