cocoon-users mailing list archives

From d96-mst-ingen-rek...@d.kth.se (Mikael Ståldal)
Subject Re: disable-output-escaping
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2000 20:18:53 GMT
In article <38FF6CF3.F3CB33AD@apache.org>,
Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:

>The problem is that Cocoon uses Xerces serialization classes and Xalan
>doesn't (yet).
>
>But we _are_ working for a solution for that. Just wait for another
>Xerces release, or grab the latest Xerces out of CVS, then it should
>work (I presume).

Wouldn't it be a good idea to move the serialization stuff
(the org.apache.xml.serialize package) out of Xerces into a separate
distribution and let both Xalan and Cocoon make use of it? Then the
serialized output could be more consistent between Xalan and Cocoon.

--
* You have just read a message from Mikael Ståldal.              *