cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "JAMES VANETTEN" <JVANET...@ALLMERICA.COM>
Subject SQL to replace variables
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2000 13:35:54 GMT
Is it possible to replace variables within tags from a database query. Say I have a paragraph
like this:

<para>The quick brown variable1 jumped over the lazy sleeping variable2</para>

and I want to replace the variable1 and variable2 from a SQL statement something like this:

"select variable1,variable2 from sometable where variable1 like urlparameter1"

The urlparameter1 is caught from the URL example:

http://localhost/index.xml?urlparameter1

The paragraph reads different depending on what parameter is sent bye the GET statement. Is
this a possibility or is there some easier way of accomplishing my goal.

Thanks
Jim