cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: disable-output-escaping
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2000 03:03:14 GMT
On Fri, 21 Apr 2000, Mikael Ståldal wrote:

> In article <38FF6CF3.F3CB33AD@apache.org>,
> Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:
>
> >The problem is that Cocoon uses Xerces serialization classes and Xalan
> >doesn't (yet).
> >
> >But we _are_ working for a solution for that. Just wait for another
> >Xerces release, or grab the latest Xerces out of CVS, then it should
> >work (I presume).
>
> Wouldn't it be a good idea to move the serialization stuff
> (the org.apache.xml.serialize package) out of Xerces into a separate
> distribution and let both Xalan and Cocoon make use of it? Then the
> serialized output could be more consistent between Xalan and Cocoon.

I tend to concur, though I also tend to hold the opposing viewpoint that
cocoon should ask Xalan to do the rendering if Xalan was the last
processor to touch the document. Otherwise how are you going to honor all
of the different XSLT output directives people keep complaining that
cocoon ignores?

- donald