cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject RE: SQL taglib
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2000 17:23:04 GMT
On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Henning von Bargen wrote:

> >   <execute-query>select id,name from employee_table where department_id =
> >    <ancestor-value level="1" name="id"/>
> >   </execute-query>
> >  </query>
> > </query>
>
> This looks cool. Just what I need!
>
> > I'm unlikely to get around to writing support for this for the taglib
> > anytime soon since a) my head hurts when I write recursive code with DOM
> > objects and b) i don't need that functionality for any of my work
> > projects. Hopefully, the XSP processor for cocoon2 will allow taglibs to
> > work with SAX events instead of DOM trees. I find SAX is much more
> > intuitive when it comes to this kind of thing. I guess I just like writing
> > finite state machines.
> >
> > - donald
> >

> We're all waiting for Cocoon 2 desperately...

Don't wait - try it out! It's surprisingly functional, and the more people
poking at it, the sooner it will be ready for prime time. And it's not
impossible to write nested query support for the XSP taglib, it's just
tricky and not something I've got time for right now, sorry. Try xsl:key -
you may be very surprised at how useful it is.

- donald