cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Rich Powers <rrpow...@student.umass.edu>
Subject RE: configuration question
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2000 21:27:46 GMT
You need to edit the httpd.conf in the Apache/conf directory

-----Original Message-----
From: root@locus.apache.org [mailto:root@locus.apache.org]On Behalf Of
OpMan
Sent: Friday, April 07, 2000 6:32 PM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: configuration question

Greetings,
        I hope I'm sending this to the right list. I've run into
a brain scratcher of a problem...
        I've installed Apache 1.3.12 along with ApacheJServ1.1
under SuSE LINUX 6.3. I'm using the SUN JDK 1.2.2 for LINUX with
the JSDK2 kit. All my CLASSPATH info is configured and working, etc.
        My zones are operational and working properly. I've
downloaded, built and installed Cocoon1.7 into an appropriate
directory and configured the necessary jserv config files according
to the info on the install page for cocoon from the website.
        When I call up the URL http://localhost/Cocoon.xml or
http:/127.0.0.1/Cocoon.xml I get an page with an error stating:

        The servlet argument "properties" was not found...

The error message also makes a reference to ./bin/cocoon.properties
file which is actually in the ./conf directory. The webpage for cocoon
also states that cocoon.properties is in the /bin directory which
appears to be incorrect...
I could use an idea or two if someone has the time. This is driving
me crazy.. thanks!

OpMan
nrcATnorthrimDOTnet

"But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way."
                                              1 Corinthians 14:40