cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Steven Maring <Steven.Mar...@trcinc.com>
Subject com.sun.xml.tree.* build problem with Cocoon-1.7.2
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 13:47:25 GMT
I have been getting the following build error with the "out-of-the-box"
build script with Cocoon-1.7.2:

/usr/local/cocoon-1.7.2/build/src/org/apache/cocoon/parser/SunXMLParser.java
:6: Package com.sun.xml.tree not found in import.
import com.sun.xml.tree.*;

The obvious solution is to get the package and put it in the classpath.
Well, I tried both the xml.jar that comes with Ant and the parser.jar that
comes with jaxp1.0 and both of them throw this on build:

/usr/local/cocoon-1.7.2/build/src/org/apache/cocoon/parser/SunXMLParser.java
:44: class com.sun.xml.tree.XmlDocument is an abstract class. It can't be
instantiated.
        return new XmlDocument();
               ^

Where can I find a version of this package that SunXMLParser will like?  Or
is there another solution?

-Steve Maring