cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Roger Vaughn <rvau...@SOURCETRACK.com>
Subject Re: XSP Taglib frustrations
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2000 18:47:22 GMT
Didn't work for me.  I tried "file:/" instead of " file:/// <file:///> " as
suggested
by others, tried dropping "file:" altogether, and even tried moving my
example.xsl to a new location.  This is frustrating because the error
gives me so little context to go on.

I should have mentioned my config:  Cocoon 1.7.2, Sun JDK 1.2.2, RedHat
6.1, Apache 1.3.11, JRun 2.3.3.

I can answer your question, though - it's Sun's problem.  The JDK has
very weak handling for file: URLs, making it *very* sensitive to their
formatting.  I think in this case, if you include the file: but no host
name, it tries to parse one out anyway, if I remember correctly.  I have
run into this one before in other situations.

Keep the suggestions coming!  Thanks!