cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mike Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject Re: Storing XML in databases w/o lots of string parsing....
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2000 16:26:39 GMT
Kevin Sonney wrote:

> Yup. I've done something similar in a grander scale when writing a wrapper
> to store whole XML documents into SQL databases. I'd keep a large doc in a
> CLOB - allowing for "where XMLDOC like '%keyword%'" searches. No need to
> parse docs until *AFTER* you've determined which ones contain the data
> you need. You only parse to see if the data is in the right
> Element/Attributes *grin*
Much better design --- I just wrote my classes as a testbed to handle
writing a HashMap that were in HttpSession's to a database using the session
id as primary key (which btw is apparently not a good idea as session id's
get reused for some reason..)

Actually the postgresql driver has some non-standard JDBC calls that will
actually just write an object to a table without doing anything at but
calling a method that accepts the Object.  It's very cool but it wasn't what
I needed.

mike