cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mike Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject Re: DCP vs XSP
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2000 21:29:50 GMT
Kolb, Mark wrote:

> HI all,
>
> I am attempting to get logic to work via DCP.  I understand that it is
> deprecated in favor of XSP.  Is it true that XSP only supports
> language="java" at this time?  It would help me if I could use javascript as
> a crutch until I feel comfortable with java.

Just a heads up but DCP is going away for good so unless you plan on using
Cocoon 1.6/1.7 forever, I would only begin learning XSP.

That said, there's not really any reason to build something with DCP because
it can be done with XSP but as you mention, Java is the only currently
supported language although there seems to be some folks interested getting
other languages working.

Mike