cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Kolb, Mark" <MK...@srhs.org>
Subject RE: Difficulties with taglib
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2000 18:07:11 GMT

> Thank you for the pointers.  I am not java fluent yet though I have
> programmed in C for a while.  If I try your inline approach as on page 25
> the XSP Java Compiler complains about syntax issues
>
> java.lang.Exception: XSP Java Compiler: Compilation failed for _test1.java
> 69: '}' expected.
>      );
> 71: Statement expected.
>         private static int numHits = 0; ^
> 78: Identifier expected.
>       document.createTextNode("\n  \n    ")                             ^
> 3 errors
>
> Perhaps I have an issue with my setup. I am running Cocoon 1.6.

>>hmmm... my gut feeling is this is your problem (1.6)... XSP had just
>>come out in 1.6.  Can you upgrade to 1.7x?

Upgrading to Cocoon 1.7.2 did not solve the problem though I needed to do
that anyway.  BTW the new Cocoon distribution is much easier to do.

My problem was resolved by insuring that my <page> tag occurred after all
<xsp:logic> definitions were made.  A newbie mistake I admit.

I notice that the syntax for custom libraries in cocoon.properties has
changed for Cocoon 1.7.2 also.

Mark