cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Kolb, Mark" <MK...@srhs.org>
Subject RE: Difficulties with taglib
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2000 20:30:47 GMT

Brett,

Thanks for the response.  I think I will have to upgrade.  If Stefano or
some of you other veterans would second that I would appreciate it.  I think
this is a good time to try out that book of yours for a new install.

"Kolb, Mark" wrote:

> Brett,
>
> Thank you for the pointers.  I am not java fluent yet though I have
> programmed in C for a while.  If I try your inline approach as on page 25
> the XSP Java Compiler complains about syntax issues
>
> java.lang.Exception: XSP Java Compiler: Compilation failed for _test1.java
> 69: '}' expected.
>      );
> 71: Statement expected.
>         private static int numHits = 0; ^
> 78: Identifier expected.
>       document.createTextNode("\n  \n    ")                             ^
> 3 errors
>
> Perhaps I have an issue with my setup. I am running Cocoon 1.6.

hmmm... my gut feeling is this is your problem (1.6)... XSP had just
come out in 1.6.  Can you upgrade to 1.7x?

-brett