cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Simon" <si...@viafone.com>
Subject RE: Cocoon 1.7.2 and multiple web applications
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2000 18:30:55 GMT
I had the exact same problem using Cocoon 1.6.x and Tomcat 3.1 and posted a
while back.  Thanks for making me feel less isolated.

I never got around to trying it with Apache because I assumed it was a
Cocoon problem and not Tomcat.  I ended up just using one application and
having multiple subdirectories.  Not very satisfying but it satisfied my
simple requirements thus far. I'll be interested to see if someone finds a
real solution, or working servlet/Cocoon combo.

-----Original Message-----
From: Werner Guttmann [mailto:Werner.Guttmann@msdw.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2000 2:32 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Cocoon 1.7.2 and multiple web applications

Hi,

sorry in advance for this slightly confusing and long email, but I am
going in circles ... :-(.
I installed Cocoon 1.7.2 (with Tomcat 3.1beta2, or some more recent
nightly build) the other day, and on the first look every thing seems to
be fine. I tried a couple of the samples provided (plain conversion
using xsl, SQL Processor, XSP Processor), and everything works as
expected. Especially XSP seems to expose quite some potential.

Well, here's the problem I am currently facing. Let's assume I have two
web applications registered with Tomcat in the following way (taken from
tomcat's main config file $TOMCAT/conf/server.xml)

<Context path="/cocoonXsp"
    docBase="/ms/user/g/guttmanw/deploy/webapps/cocoon/xsp"
    debug="0" reloadable="true" >
</Context>

<Context path="/cocoonOrig"
    docBase="/ms/user/g/guttmanw/deploy/webapps/cocoon/original"
    debug="0" reloadable="true" >
</Context>

Starting Tomcat, and processing some example xml file from the
"/cocoonXsp" web application, e.g

    http://some.host:8080/cocoonXsp/sample.xml

works as expected. When trying to process another xml document from the
second web application (the one mapped to /cocoonOrig), I get the
following run time exception.

java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/ms/user/g/guttmanw/deploy/webapps/cocoon/xsp/xml/samplepage.xml (No
such file or directory)
              at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Compiled Code)
              at java.io.FileInputStream.(Compiled Code)
              at java.io.FileInputStream.(Compiled Code)
              at
org.apache.cocoon.producer.ProducerFromFile.getStream(Compiled Code)
              at
org.apache.cocoon.producer.AbstractProducer.getDocument(Compiled Code)
              at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Compiled Code)
              at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.service(Compiled Code)
              at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Compiled Code)
              at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(Compiled Code)
              at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Compiled
Code)
              at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(Compi
led
Code)
              at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(Compiled Code)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

What surprises me with this stack trace is the fact that Cocoon tries to
open samplepage.xml from the wrong directory, i.e.
.../xsp/xml/samplepage.xml rather then .../original/xml/samplepage.xml ?

Btw, Stopping tomcat, restarting it and loading the second file again
works !

Does anybody have a clue what's going wrong here, assuming this is a
problem on my side.

Regards
Werner