cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alex Muc <alex....@utoronto.ca>
Subject Re: Feeling stupid: Accents.
Date Sun, 30 Apr 2000 13:33:19 GMT

Along these lines, where should the entity declarations actually be placed?
I am using XSP pages which do dynamic inclusion of XHTML.  The inclusion
is done through the XSP:Util taglib.  The included XML is actually
XHTML which may contain various accented and international characters.
Whenever the inclusion runs across an XHTML document which has one of these
characters markup (for example: "&acute;") then cocoon complains.
I've tried putting the entity declaration at the top of the XSP page with
the following code:

<!DOCTYP page [

 <!ENTITY acute "&#180;">

]>

But that doesn't seem to help.  Or at least it doesn't help for
the dynamically included XHTML documents, only for the XSP page itself.
Any ideas?

Thanks
Alex.