cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Darryl Stoflet <dstof...@calweb.com>
Subject Re: Questions about ant (a little off topic but..)
Date Sat, 29 Apr 2000 15:54:23 GMT
Brian,

There is an Ant user manual here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/~checkout~/jakarta-ant/docs/index.html?rev=1.17&content-type=text/html
Also, when you download Ant this file is under the docs directory.
If you download the Ant sources you can even persue the build.xml file
that is used to build Ant to see a fairly complicated build file to
learn from.
It does not take long at all to get up to speed on creating build.xml
files and it is totally extensible, if there is not a task within
Ant that does what you need you can write one yourself. For instance
we have an ejbc and ejbdeploy task to automate creating ejb jars
and deploying them to our ejb server.

/Darryl Stoflet