cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Feeling stupid: Accents.
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2000 20:18:13 GMT
Paul Russell wrote:

> Hi Peeps,
>
> Feeling somewhat stupid here. Trying to pump accents through
> XSLT in cocoon2. My initial reaction was to do:
>
> <!DOCTYPE page [
>         <!ENTITY eacute "&#233;">
> ]>
>
> to declare the entity, and then:
>
> [...]pubs, shops and caf&eacute;s.[...]
>
> to actually use it.
>
> This works, in that I get html out the other end with the
> accent in it, but I'd rather it came out as 'caf&eacute;s',
> instead of 'caf├ęs'. Anyone got any ideas? I've tried doing
> <!ENTITY eacute "&amp;eacute;"> but that just comes out as
> 'caf&amp;eacute;s', which is about as useful as a chocolate
> teapot ;)
>
> All help greatfully recieved, cheers,

I'm sure there are problems with the Cocoon2 serializers.... Pier (who
has been a very lazy project coordinator lately) was going to add
support for Xerces serializers... but like many others things was left
back....

Hmmmm, should I overthrow him after Cocoon 1.7.3 is out? :-)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.