cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: Performance question
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2000 13:34:29 GMT
XSP pages have to compile the first time through, and that is probably what is
happening.  Was the delay the same for each additional time you accessed the
URL?  For instance, Stefano's presentation took 45 seconds to access from my
own machine the first time (I have a 700 MHz Athlon and 256 MB RAM), but
each additional page rendered in 350-550 milliseconds (I have logging on).

The major problem I have with XSP is similar to the major problem with IIS/
ColdFusion: there are problems with the first access.  XSP takes time to compile

(to be fair, so does JSP), but that is livable.  IIS/ColdFusion ALWAYS returns
a 500 Server Error on the first access, but is OK each additional access (that
is
not acceptable).  If Cocoon can compile the XSP pages ahead of time, that would
be killer.  Otherwise, write a script to call every XSP page you have and get it

compiled before you have any traffic.