cocoon-users mailing list archives

From rajku...@orionsci.com (Rajkumar, Joseph)
Subject Tell me this is a JDK-1.1 Bug
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2000 15:47:26 GMT
Hi Folks

    I am using Solaris-2.7, JDK1.1.7, ApacheJServ-1.1 and Cocoon-1.7.2.
I have got everything working including Cocoon.xml and 'xsp'. I also
have
Stefano's Apache Conference Handout and Slides working, so I am happy
and want to demo this to my boss.

   Please note that I have created a directory called "ApacheConf" under
the
apache/htdocs. The files slides.zip and handout.zip have been unzipped
in the
directory /path/to/my/apache/htdocs/ApacheConf, and using
netscape-4.7.2,
I am able to view the ApacheConf directory, click on presentation.xml
and bring
up the whole shebang and everything is GREAT.

   Now my boss comes by and wants to look at it to have a sense of the
time it
takes to show up from the time, one clicks on "presentation.xml". So I
create
another directory under /path/to/my/apache/htdocs/ApacheConfTEST.

   Now in this ApacheConfTEST directory, I unzip the slides.zip and
handout.zip.
(Exactly as I did earlier into the ApacheConf directory).

   So now using 'netscape-4.7.2, I got to the new created directory
"ApacheConfTEST"
and see the file "presentation.xml". My boss starts the timer on his
watch and I wait
(my heart pounding).

   Then after a minute and about 10 seconds, I get this message in
netscape. I spent
quite a bit of time trying to figure out what could be causing the
problem and now I
have no clue.

    To do it more rigorously, I completely deleted the ApacheConf and
ApacheConfTEST
directories. Recreated the ApacheConf directory and its contents and
clicked on
"presentation.xml", YES, I saw what I expected to see.

   But now I created the ApacheConfTEST, meticulously as I did before
and click on
"presentation.xml", the same message shown below comes up again.

   Sorry for the long post, but I thought that giving complete details
and asking for help
is better that saying that something is not working.

    Please confirm this behavior and let me know if you can simulate it
and also please
confirm that this is JDK-1.1.7 bug, so I can confirm that this is
RELATED to JDK.

Thanks for reading
Joseph Rajkumar

java.lang.ClassFormatError: Duplicate name
              at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Compiled Code)
              at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled
Code)
              at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled Code)
              at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaProcessor.load(Compiled
Code)
              at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.loadPage(Compiled Code)
              at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(Compiled Code)
              at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Compiled Code)
              at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.service(Compiled Code)
              at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Compiled Code)
              at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(Compiled Code)
              at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(Compiled Code)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)