cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Guettler <guet...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: XSP Page reload question
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2000 09:22:20 GMT
Mike Engelhart wrote:

> Thomas Guettler wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > If I change a xsp-page it only gets
> > reloaded if I delete the files
> > ( _foo.java, _foo.class) in the
> > repository. Cocoon uses always the
> > old java-files.
> > Is there a way to tell cocoon to
> > recreate the java-files,
> > if the .xml-file is newer?
> >
> > Another question:
> > can I set the java-classpath in
> > the file cocoon.properties instead of
> > jserv.properties? Because I don't like,
> > that I have to define the
> > classpath for all servlets in jserv.properties
> >
> > ciao
> That shouldn't be happening.  if you edit an XSP file, it will recompile the
> new XSP page and replace the old classfile. What versions of everything are
> you running.  maybe your platform has bugs in it??
> I've run Cocoon on 3 or 4 different setups and operating systems and XSP
> always does what it's supposed to as far as recompiling changed pages.
>
> Mike

I am running cocoon1.7 (Cocoon-1_7.zip) on debian(potato)/linux.
blackdown jdk1.2.2RC4, green threads
the repository is on a local ext2.
Jserv version is 1.1 (from jan 14 2000)
Apache 1.3.9
I am using servlet-classes 2.0 because I had problems with 2.2. Could
this
be the problem?
Xerces 1.0.3.
Xalan from cocoon-distribution

Even the xsp/page.xml example doesn't get reloaded.
Reloading of the simple hello-page.xml (no xsp) works fine.

The old code of my xsp-files gets executed when I try to reload,
so that it can't be a proxy/browser-cach problem.

Has someone an idear what could be wrong?