cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xml to wml using Cocoon
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2000 17:18:15 GMT
Sebastien Koechlin I-VISION wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi a écrit :
> >
> > Sebastien Koechlin I-VISION wrote:
> > >
> > > A Wap agent is supposed to send text/vnd.wap.wml in
> > > HTTP_ACCEPT. Is it possible to make Cocoon use it ?
> >
> > No, not in Cocoon1, but with Cocoon2 matchers this will be possible.
>
> Another WAP specific question :
>
> On a Nokia7110, a wmlc deck can not be larger than about 1300 bytes.
> (wmlc is compiled wml, common strings, tags and attributs are
> encoded as a 1 byte tocken). Others WAP Browser have similar
> limitations (UP : 1424 bytes).
>
> Will (Does) Cocoon2 (and maybe Cocoon1) have a easy way to cut
> a xml document in smaller documents at XSL rendering stage
> (without using XSP), and ask one at the time?

Hmmm... I haven't thought about that... no, I don't think it's possible
automatically... I mean, using a serializer... since you have to give
back some information on the sitemap... hmmmm, I have to think more
about this since the "break a document in pieces" is a pattern that many
will need...

need to think more about this... (ideas are welcome, of course).

> If not, having a single xml to produce text/html and text/vnd.wap.wml
> is less interesting as we need a xml file for each, or need to put a
> lot of XSP inside and lost separation between content and style.

I totally understand.

> (Yes, WAP Browser are ...)

...a pain, I know, but they require those limitations.... hmmm we must
do something for that...

You'll hear from me when I have a solution.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.