cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Roman Kunert <ro...@hsh-berlin.com>
Subject Re: cocoon performance
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2000 13:29:43 GMT
We plan to build up a DB -> PDF/HTML generator and I evaluate the
chances for using Cocoon for this task:

Today I got the following results:

Database-Server: Pentium 266, 196Mb RAM, Linux 6.0, Oracle 8.0.1

Webserver: Pentium III, 700Mhz, 128Mb RAM, Linux 6.3, Apache 1.3.9,
JServ 1.1, Cocoon 1.7.2, JDK 1.1.7

Network: 100Mbit

Fetching a Table with about 15.000 rows (each row 2 columns
varchar(255)) using SQLProcessor and converting it to PDF and sending it
to another client took about 3 minutes.

For this task the webserver rendered 504 pages and needed about 100Mb
heap space.

As the generator should be capable of rendering up to 100.000 rows I am
really looking forward to Cocoon2, or is there another way to achieve
performance (via xsp, caching, etc. )?

Ro.