cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Laura Kruse <lmk3...@cis.ksu.edu>
Subject Re: sql processor
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2000 22:36:12 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Rob Parker wrote:
>
> > Laura, I noticed similar behaviour depending on the order of the processing
> > instruction
> > declarations. Try the PI order such that XSP declaration comes before SQL.
>
> If you're using XSP already, why not try the sql taglib instead? look in
> samples/sql/taglib.xml for sample usage pattern. you're bound to make
> everything more efficient that way since you can eliminate a processor.
>
> - donald

This would be the entirety of what I'm doing, and it's beyond me as to
why the database gets cached, although I have noticed that when it
becomes midnight I get a new version that will be cached for the
entirety of that day.  :)

	- Laura

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<?cocoon-process type="sql"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="news.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>

<page>
        <connectiondefs>
		-- cut for security reasons --
        </connectiondefs>

        <query max-rows="5" row-element="item" connection="slash">
                SELECT *
                FROM slashdot
                ORDER BY servertime DESC, date DESC
        </query>