cocoon-users mailing list archives

From skoech...@n-soft.com (Sebastien Koechlin I-VISION)
Subject Re: Fixing LDAP Examples
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2000 14:06:26 GMT
Ian Abbott wrote :

> Basically, to run LDAP, you need the following files:
>
> jndi1_2_1.zip (contains core JNDI 1.2.1)
> ldap1_2_1.zip (contains LDAP service provider 1.2.1)
>
> Unzip these once you've downloaded them from
> http://java.sun.com/products/jndi/ and then either copy the jar files
> (lib/jndi.jar, lib/ldap.jar, lib/jaas.jar, lib/ldapbp.jar and
> lib/providerutil.jar):
>
> (i) into the webserver classpath, e.g. /usr/local/apache/jserv/lib, or
> wherever you keep your various JAR files. Then add the JNDI JARs to the
> server configuration. e.g. for JServ, you'd update wrapper.classpath in
> jserv.properties.

I think this text can be added to the FAQ :
	http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html#faq-9
	Why the LDAP processor doesn't work?

It looks like the LDAP Processor is working.
Problems are now in the example.

About the FAQ : anchor aren't working any more, full of :
	<A name=""><!--anchor--></A>

> (ii) into the java library extension area, e.g. /usr/java/lib/ext (or
> similar). This is your best option as JNDI is an official Sun extension
> to Java. Placing the JAR files here will allow Java to find the
> extensions both from the webserver (you won't need to add them to
> wrapper.classpath) and from command line *automatically*, which will
> help if you start playing around with Cocoon CVS tarballs.

This does not work for me. I did not found any library extension area
(directory) in my /usr/lib/jdk1.2.2/ and it does not work if I put
them into lib/ext, the JVM does not find them *automatically* :-(
Should I unzip all jar files (Sorry for the off-topic question) ?

--
Seb