cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Raj Basavaraju <...@bidland.com>
Subject Re: com.sun.xml.tree.* build problem with Cocoon-1.7.2
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 18:33:21 GMT
Steven Maring wrote:

> I have been getting the following build error with the "out-of-the-box"
> build script with Cocoon-1.7.2:
>
> /usr/local/cocoon-1.7.2/build/src/org/apache/cocoon/parser/SunXMLParser.java
> :6: Package com.sun.xml.tree not found in import.
> import com.sun.xml.tree.*;
>
> The obvious solution is to get the package and put it in the classpath.
> Well, I tried both the xml.jar that comes with Ant and the parser.jar that
> comes with jaxp1.0 and both of them throw this on build:
>
> /usr/local/cocoon-1.7.2/build/src/org/apache/cocoon/parser/SunXMLParser.java
> :44: class com.sun.xml.tree.XmlDocument is an abstract class. It can't be
> instantiated.
>         return new XmlDocument();
>                ^
>
> Where can I find a version of this package that SunXMLParser will like?  Or
> is there another solution?

I believe this might happen, if you had jaxp1.0 packages such as parser.jar etc.
in your classpath while building Cocoon-1.7.2.  So, make sure you don't have any
jaxp1.0 stuff in your classpath and make a clean build.  I might suggest
deleting build sub-directory of xml-coocon branch, if that sub-directory is
already created.

Hope this helps.

Raj