cocoon-users mailing list archives

From skoech...@n-soft.com (Sebastien Koechlin I-VISION)
Subject Re: Error: Can not find cocoon handler. Please Help My Installation
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 10:16:35 GMT
Joseph Glynn a écrit :

> I have actually tried both ways. They both give the same error. "Handler
> cocoon not found"
>
> i think the problem may lie with the org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon portion.
> could you explain the line
> Action cocoon /servlet/org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
>
> Do i have to put the contents of the cocoon distribution somewhere specific?
> Somewhere relative to where jserv is located?
> I am totally at a loss to why this wont work.

First, try get something like

	http://my.host/servlet/org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon/Cocoon.xml

Having a working Cocoon is a thing
Having Apache ask Cocoon to handle xml is something else.

If it does not work, Cocoon is not working

Then try an Cocoon example (ie an existing file) :

	http://my.host/cocoon-samples/index.xml

(I had the same problem : Everything working except for
Cocoon.xml, but I can not remember the answer).

--
Sebastien Koechlin