cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Orendt, Jimmy" <Jimmy.Ore...@softwareag.com>
Subject AW: Apache jserv.conf
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2000 10:23:49 GMT
try this

# Cocoon, version 1 (default) over file ending
ApJServAction .xml /servlets/org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon

Jimmy Orendt
SAG Systemhaus GmbH
Fuerther Strasse 2a
90429 Nuernberg
Germany
Jimmy.Orendt@softwareag.com
+49 (911) 92697-429

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Matthew Cordes [mailto:mcorde61@maine.edu]
Gesendet am: Montag, 3. April 2000 19:26
An: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Betreff: Apache jserv.conf

Hello,
I'm using jserv and Cocoon 1.7.2 with Apache 1.3.12 and for some reason
in my jserv.conf i f I include the following lines (as instructed),
Apache tells me this:

	>Invalid command 'Action', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
module
	>not included in the server configuration

Here is exactly the line I added:

	>Action cocoon /servlet/org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
	>AddHandler cocoon xml

If I comment out the Action line apache doesn't complain, but Cocoon
doesn't seem to work.  Also, the Cocoon.xml I'm supposed to request from
apache, Is that a real file  that I need to copy to my htdocs directory?
Or is it a virtual file created by Cocoon (I'm assuming virtual).

Also, If I try to compile Cocoon via the build.sh script I get the
following error:

	Compiling 1 source files to
	/usr/local/work/cocoon-1.7.2/build/classes

/usr/local/work/cocoon-1.7.2/build/src/org/apache/cocoon/parser/SunXMLParser
.java:44:
	class com.sun.xml.tree.XmlDocument is an abstract class. It can't be
	instantiated.
	        return new XmlDocument();
			               ^
  Note:
/usr/local/work/cocoon-1.7.2/build/src/org/apache/cocoon/parser/SunXMLParser
.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.  Recompile with "-deprecation" for
details.

Any ideas?

-matt