cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: Different Stylesheets depending on requestParameter
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2000 20:45:04 GMT
On Fri, Apr 28, 2000 at 05:23:15PM +0200, Andreas Witt wrote:
> This kind of brings up the question why the stylesheet ist referenced
> within the XML page in the first place. If we are trying to seperate
> content from presentation shouldn't the stylesheet be assosiatet with
> the document at some higher level ?

Indeed - this will be (and indeed is) fixed in Cocoon2. Meanwhile...

> Anyhow. Any help on the subject above would be appreciated.

The best solution I've seen so far is to use XSP to dynamically
rewrite the PIs (processing instructions) in the XML files according
to the request URI. There have been several people asking this
question recently, so you should be able to find some examples in
the mailing list archives.

HTH

Luminas Ltd.