cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Sessions & Cookies
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2000 21:34:05 GMT
tom stuart <tom@obsess.com> wrote:

> > OK. I know how to put some java in my XML pages...but how to put some
> > in my XSL ?
>
>XSL *is* XML.

Yes, but not all XML is interchangeable. - Cocoon doesn't support doing
everything, everywhere - and for good reason - it's supposed to be about
content/logic/style separation, while still leaving you some flexibility.

>You can do any of the XSP stuff in your XSL pages too.

Not AFAIK! Stylesheet processor won't execute cocoon PIs directly. Well, it
depends what you mean. See below.

>See Nicholas Hemley's earlier posting today about retrieving the request
>parameters into an XSL file -
>
>  http://xml-archive.webweaving.org/xml-archive-cocoon-users/2361.html
>
>- for a good example that you should be able to build on.

To be precise, it doesn't retrieve the parameters into an XSL file. It is a
stylesheet which creates an XSP page which then retrieves the parameters - a
two-stage process.

--
Robin