cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Bri Carey" <car...@hotmail.com>
Subject Publication From Remote XML
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:34:39 GMT
Hello.  Still new to Cocoon.

I was wondering: What is the best way to apply a local xsl to a remote ,
non-configurable xml?

As my previous question may indicate, I was planning on using XSP to import
the remote xml into a local xml document, and apply the stylesheet to that
document.

But if there's a better way, I'm all ears.

The URL which generates the remote xml is something like:
http://www.remotehost.com/foobar.cgi?parm1=joe&param2=blow

That will currently return an unformatted xml in the browser window.

I could instead point the URL to a local xml with the identical parameters
and inside the xml document import the xml returned from the above URL.

Is there a better/easier way?

Also, the xml document returned by the remote host does have the processing
instruction at the top: <?xml version="1.0"?>  Can XSP handle that in the
middle of a document?