cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Frank Werle <we...@dfki.uni-kl.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat won't start - Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tomcat/startup/Tomcat
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2000 12:09:35 GMT
From: David Stack
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: 4/5/00 3:53 AM
  Subject: Tomcat won't start - Exception in thread "main"
  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tomcat/startup/Tomcat

  Hello,

  I am trying to get Tomcat v3.1_beta_1 started on Linux Red Hat 6.0.
  I have java version "1.2.2" installed also.

  When I run 'startup.sh' or 'tomcat.sh start' I get the following error:

  >> root /usr/local/tomcat/bin>Exception in thread "main" >>
  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tomcat/startup/Tomcat

I've had the same error, when typing 'startup.sh' in the bin-Directory of
tomcat. After typing bin/startup.sh
in the Homedirectory of tomcat everything went ok.

Frank