cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Cordes <mcord...@maine.edu>
Subject XSP and Method Return Types
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 21:02:25 GMT
Sorry for the abundance of questions, but XSP is very different/new to me
and the docs seem to leave out critical info.

Here is my question:  How do I return something in a method within my xsp
xml file? For instance, imagine I have a method that returns an Array,
Hashtable, or Vector which i populated via JDBC ( but that is not
important at this moment ), How do I then transform this array into a
list in the final HTML output...

I want to go from:

	String array[] = { "1", "2", "3", "4", "5" }

to this:

	1
	2
	3
	4
	5

I have a general understanding of xsl, you needn't explain that.  What I
don't grasp is how I turn the contents of my array into xml so that it
can be processed, with a for-each or the like.  Or would I make a templat
for this and what might that look like?

What if I had a two dimesional array?

Thanks in advance
-matt