cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Cordes <mcord...@maine.edu>
Subject Apache jserv.conf
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 17:25:37 GMT
Hello,
I'm using jserv and Cocoon 1.7.2 with Apache 1.3.12 and for some reason
in my jserv.conf i f I include the following lines (as instructed),
Apache tells me this:

	>Invalid command 'Action', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
	>not included in the server configuration

Here is exactly the line I added:

	>Action cocoon /servlet/org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
	>AddHandler cocoon xml

If I comment out the Action line apache doesn't complain, but Cocoon
doesn't seem to work.  Also, the Cocoon.xml I'm supposed to request from
apache, Is that a real file  that I need to copy to my htdocs directory?
Or is it a virtual file created by Cocoon (I'm assuming virtual).

Also, If I try to compile Cocoon via the build.sh script I get the
following error:

	Compiling 1 source files to
	/usr/local/work/cocoon-1.7.2/build/classes
	/usr/local/work/cocoon-1.7.2/build/src/org/apache/cocoon/parser/SunXMLParser.java:44:
	class com.sun.xml.tree.XmlDocument is an abstract class. It can't be
	instantiated.
	        return new XmlDocument();
			               ^
  Note: /usr/local/work/cocoon-1.7.2/build/src/org/apache/cocoon/parser/SunXMLParser.java
uses or overrides a deprecated API.  Recompile with "-deprecation" for details.

Any ideas?

-matt