cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Yann" <ylelo...@ims.ltd.uk>
Subject SQL taglib and Parameterized Stored Queries
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2000 13:16:59 GMT
What is the right SQL taglib syntax to call a stored query (or view)?

Ideally, I'd like something like:

<sql:query name="thequeryname">
    <sql:parameters>
        <sql:arameter type="varchar2">The value of the parameter</sql:parameter>
    <sql:parameters>
</sql:query>

Although I use Access for prototyping, I'd ideally want my XSP not to change if I was then
switching to SQL Server 7 (but then again Access isn't ANSI-92 compliant, is it?).

Donald, do you see what I'd like to achieve? I haven't involved much with JDBC (I have done
a lot of ADO stuff though). I don't want any embedded SQL in my XSP really.

Thanks for any help

Yann.

P.S. BTW Donald, what's your view on select (returning resultset) vs action (not returning
resultset) queries taglib strategy?