cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Joe Colgan" <jcol...@gtwa.com.au>
Subject RE: Store Repository
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 01:07:58 GMT
Thanks Ulrich....I needed to apply the repository directory to the WWW user.
Next time I'll pay more attention to detail.

Cheers

joe

-----Original Message-----
From: ulim [mailto:ulim]On Behalf Of Ulrich Mayring
Sent: Friday, 31 March 2000 3:46 PM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Store Repository

Joe Colgan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks in advance to anybody who helps with this problem of mine.
>
> I'm having the "Can't create store repository" problem with a slight
> variant. I've checked the mail archives and the BBS at magiccookie.com but

Joe, this is not a slight variant, but an FAQ :)

> *****
> Publishing Engine could not be initialized.
>
>       java.lang.RuntimeException: Can't create store repository:
> /./repository. Make sure it's there or you have writing permissions.

1.) Find out what user:group JServ runs under (often nobody:nobody).

2.) Give the repository directory to that user:group.

3.) chmod 755 (perhaps overkill, but you can downgrade permissions
later)

4.) Put the *absolute* path to the repository directory in the
cocoon.properties

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring