cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ed Knutson <...@webcombo.net>
Subject Re: Enhydra vs Cocoon
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2000 12:54:44 GMT
On Fri, 07 Apr 2000, Hervé Guidetti wrote:
> I surfed the web. I saw Enhydra (http://www.enhydra.org).
> What do you think about it ? What is the difference beteen Enhydra and
> Coccon ?

There is some overlap, but Enhydra is a very different product.  In a nutshell:
makefiles.

I looked at Enhydra before I found Cocoon.  It seemed like specifically it
would be good for interfacing XML with databases, but in general it was a lot
more complicated to set up and maintain than Cocoon.

Cocoon is very document driven and is a publishing framework.

Enhydra is more like rewriting little servlet fragments of Cocoon for each
equivalent task. It is an application framework.

So the question to ask is: am I trying to publish documents or build
applications?

-ed