cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Sonney <ke...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Fixing LDAP Examples
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2000 15:51:15 GMT
On Tue, 04 Apr 2000, Sebastien Koechlin I-VISION wrote:
> I found in jndi-1.2.1/examples/api/README something about
> arguments on the JVM command line :
> -Djava.naming.factory.initial=com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory
> but playing with wrapper.bin.parameters in jserv.properties
> does nothing. And com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory does
> not exists in jndi.jar

You don't need to modify the command line, but you do need to get *ALL* of the
JNDI jar files from Sun - especially ldap.jar. The Jar files in my JNDI
directory are as follows :

cosnaming.jar
fscontext.jar
jaas.jar
jndi.jar
jndibrowser.jar
ldap.jar
ldapbp.jar
nis.jar
providerutil.jar
rmiregistry.jar

I'm pretty sure I don't nee dall of them to make the LDAP processor work,
but I figure it's better safe than sorry. I *THINK* ldap.jar was included as
part of the COS package, but don't quote me *grin*

--
- Kevin Sonney
  kevin@webslingerZ.com