cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Order of XSP/SQL processing declarations gives different behaviour...
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2000 02:36:00 GMT
On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, Rob Parker wrote:

> I've experienced the following feature with Cocoon 1.7
>
> If my order is as follows, all works fine...
>
> <?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
> <?cocoon-process type="sql"?>
>
> If I reverse the order, all looks fine, except the next time I request the
> page,
> the query is not executed again and I just see old data.
>
> Is this a bug or feature.

Likely a bug, but possibly a feature - Stefano or Ricardo should be able
to answer with some more authority. However, might I suggest that you use
the SQL taglib since you've already made the XSP hurdle? Just add the
resource directive to the sql taglib in cocoon.properties, add the sql
namespace to your list of xsp namespaces in the xml file, and configure
the query using the sql namespace - options are just like those for SQL
processor, except instead of attributes the options are now elmeents:

<sql:execute-query>
	<sql:driver>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</sql:driver>
	<sql:query>select * from foo_table</sql:query>
</sql:execute-query>

Gotta get some time to write docs...

- donald