cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sebastian Hauer <ha...@uni-freiburg.de>
Subject Re: cgi scripts
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2000 16:23:18 GMT

Hi Rick,

first of all thank you for sending me this.
But it is not working. :)

This is what I did:

I stored your XSP listing in a file called first-xsp.xml
and changed the CGI URL.

Than I compiled your Java-programm and stored all classfiles into
/home/sebi/first

I tryed to set the classpath in jserv.properties but that wouldn't work so
I did set the CLASSPATH variable and restarted Apache.
(does someone know why I setting the classpath in jserv.properties would
show no effect)

Anyway after I called the page first-xsp.xml
this is what I got and for me everything seems to be ok and I realy don't
understand the error message:

------------------------------------snip-----------------------------------
java.lang.Exception: XSP Java Compiler: Compilation failed for
_first_xsp.java
      31: Type expected.
          xspUrlHandler.include("http://localhost/cgi-sebi/xmltest.pl");
                                ^
      1 error

              at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaProcessor.compile(
	XSPJavaProcessor.java:142)
              at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(XSPProcessor.java:445)
              at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java:283)
              at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
              at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:314)
              at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:188)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:475)

Well I went into the xsp repository directory tree and tryed to compile it
manualy but I just got the same error message.

What am I doing wrong???

bye,
	Sebastian