cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "K. Rumman Akhter" <kakh...@sputnik7.com>
Subject RE: User input in xsps
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2000 21:30:51 GMT
i guess my question would be, what is the equavalent syntax of
request.getParameter("foo"); and request.putValue(); as in XSPs.
RUmman

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Engelhart [mailto:mengelhart@earthtrip.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2000 3:48 PM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: User input in xsps

K. Rumman Akhter wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to make an XSP user inferface for my browser-based
application.
> what i want to do is enter some data from a form to a  session so that all
> states of user-interface has access to the same data. i am completely
stuck
> on how to do that. specifically what i want to know is how to enter form
> data into a session object. please, and pointers or suggestions will be
> highly appreciated.
>
> Rumman
Take a look at the Servlet API documentation.
http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/2.2/javadoc/index.html

You really need an understanding of servlets to use an XSP to do this.

Once you have servlets understood, all the concepts are the same (except
that you'll be using XML and XSL rather than outputting HTML directly).

Mike